Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Completely Crafted Christmas!: Part 2

Okay, so like I said before, there were still a few other gifts that weren’t in the first post, so here they are now. 

Before I decided to have a completely crafted Christmas, Steven and I have already had the rule that one part of our Christmas gift to each other had to be homemade.  Let me tell you, in my opinion, gifts for guys are way harder to make than gifts for girls.  I was stumped by what to make him.  Last year I had knitted him a scarf, and the year before that I had painted him a picture.  So one day in November I was busy watching a variety of crafting Youtube videos, and I came across the idea of at-home screen-printing, by using an embroidery hoop, some organza, Modpodge and screen-printing paint.  In one of the videos, I had also seen an idea for a secret ninja shirt.

Here it is before... just a plain black tshirt..... or is it?!
 

Instant ninja!
  Apparently (according to Steven, and being agreed upon by my brother), liking ninjas is an innate quality in most guys.


The other tshirt print I used was an owl.  I looked at different pictures on the internet and then drew my own.  I really liked how it turned out.



One side...... and the other !
 Another gift I made was this reversible apron.  I traced an already existing apron so that I didn't' have to buy a pattern.  I highly recommend doing this, since it is a very simple pattern to draw.  Just fold the apron in half and then trace it.  As for the straps, I just measured them.  And of course I added some rick rack.... because I just LOVE it.


Another gift I gave for Christmas was this fleece blanket.  It is made from polar fleece and it is SOOOOOO warm!  I made it for my brother's girlfriend who just so happens to love penguins!
And so ends the second part of my Completely Crafted Christmas.  I hope you have enjoyed it and have been inspired.  Remember to start early if you want to craft your Christmas too!
And now for one more corny joke.....Fleece on earth!

Fleace out,
~Becca  

1 comment: