Friday 30 December 2011

Baby, it's "Cowl'd" Outside


Went for a refreshing walk to the library this morning! Brrrrrr. 


But it gave me a chance to wear the cowl I had made a little while ago from this super fuzzy yarn, which I can’t remember the name of because I threw out the package!  It’s just super thick (I think it is Lion brand).  I love the colour I made it, and as gross as this may sound... it reminds me of algae (you know the algae that looks fuzzy).  Okay... I know.... gross.   I had a free pattern from Michaels, and I decided to crochet this.... but when I couldn’t get the pattern to work, I gave up and simply crocheted a short thick scarf shape and sewed the two ends together.  Ta da!  Instant cowl.... and it’s really warm.  
I was thinking.... for the fastest, easiest cowl ever, you could just sew together polar fleece.  Super warm, and it doesn't fray!!
Stay warm
~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment