Monday 26 December 2011

Welcome to my world of crafting......

And so my blogging journey begins. 
I guess you could say I’ve been crafting all of my life.  My absolute favourite center in Kindergarten was the cut and paste table, and the first time my mom let me use her glue gun I was ecstatic.    I’ll never forget the Christmas I got a bead set that boasted that it held 2500 Beads , and the time I received a miniature sewing machine....amazing.  I have just always loved creating things.
I have always wanted to learn to sew, but have never had the machine to do it with.  About a year and a half ago I borrowed my mom’s old sewing machine.  I literally didn’t even know how to thread it (I had to get my mom to rethread it, about 5 times before I could remember how to).
Then, about a year ago I was given an old sewing machine that just needed a little oil for it to work like a charm.  I converted a corner of my bedroom into a crafting area and have kind of been crafting like crazy ever since.  I haven’t taken any classes, but have searched the internet, read books and talked to people (I have a lot of crafty people in my lifeJ).  I have learned a lot, but still have MUCH more to learn, and am enjoying every moment of it. That’s why I wanted to start a blog. 
I want to invite you to see what I create, things I’m learning, and inform you of great resources to help you craft too!  If I answer even one question, inspire even one craft, or even just give a little enjoyment to a reader, my blog will be a success.
Crafting to me is a way of expressing your creativity, being thrifty with resources, and creating one of a kind pieces.   
Since the Christmas crafting is over now (I went a little overboard, and my crafting area got a little bit cluttered), I’ll be able to reorganize my crafting corner.  When I do this I’ll post a picture of the corner for you to see where the inspiration takes form.
~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment