Saturday 14 January 2012

How To: Safety Pin Bracelet


I'm always looking for inexpensive materials to make jewellery... and this bracelet definitely falls into that category.  It is made out of safety pins, elastic thread and small assorted beads.  I bought my beads at the dollar store:)


Here's a quick 'how to' on how I made it:

Beads, elastic thread and safety pins.  That's all you need :)
Beads on!
Close it up.  Instant bead!  (If you are worried about the safety pin coming open... you could add a little glue.  I didn't, and I haven't had any of the safety pins open).
String the safety pins on to two pieces of elastic thread.  I put a small bead between each of the closed  ends so that the smaller end would be more spaced out.  Make sure all of your beads are facing out.  Tie it up and try it on :)

That's all!  A very quick and simple bracelet to make from inexpensive materials, and it's so pretty too!  There are so many different combinations and colours you could try.  I like the look of the silver for these colours, but I think that a bracelet with purple beads might look really nice on gold coloured safety pins :)


Happy beading!
~Becca

1 comment:

  1. Becca you are so brilliant, I love reading about your ideas. This one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete