Wednesday 8 February 2012

Zipper Bracelet

Anyone else addicted to Pinterest???  I certainly am!  I was inspired to make this bracelet from a tutorial I found on Pinterest.

I made a few with tshirts like in the tutorial, but I wanted to try something a little bit different.  So I searched through some of my crafting boxes for inspiration.... and I came up with the idea to use zippers instead!  I'm am always buying giant bags of multicoloured zippers at a thrift store near my house.  I think I paid something like a dollar for 25 of them!

Anyway, here's a quick overview of how I did it.  Here is a link to the tutorial so you know how to do the 5 strand braid.  I was going to photograph it while I was doing it myself, but why reinvent the wheel, when this tutorial explains it all!


here are my zippers!

I separated them and then cut of the ends of each

safety pin it together

braid it! (I then added some faux leather lace to mine)

embellish it! I used an old earring.... I cut off the parts I didn't want


sew it in
glue on a snap!   (this glue is SUPER sticky!)


I reinforced this with thread once the glue dried (not pictured here)

ta da!

view with the bling :)
Cool right?

I might be slightly addicted to the 5 strand braid..... headbands, bracelets, necklaces.... the possibilities keep going!

Now I'm left with 5 little zipper pulls.  Of course I didn't toss them out!  I'll just need to find some way to use them :)

Keep on crafting!
~Becca

P.S..... If you like reading my blog.... follow me :) .... or follow me on Pinterest

1 comment: