Tuesday 14 February 2012

Wrap Bracelet

I know that my last post was about a bracelet that I made, so bear with me on this post because it's another bracelet.  Don't worry though, it's completely different.

I have been seeing all kinds of different wrap bracelets and I just LOVE how they look!  There are many great tutorials to watch and read on how to actually construct the bracelet.  You are basically weaving beads between some kind of cord or lace.

First I cut two long pieces of cord and then I folded them both in half.  I made a knot  at the end so that I had a loop (big enough for the button I chose).  I then attached it to the clipboard so that it was separated (two strands on one side and two on the other).

Then using embroidery thread, I wove the beads between the cord.  Just like in this video from makebraceletsblog.com.
Beads from the dollar store and braiding cord (I bought mine at Walmart)


I chose a wooden button to go along with the beads I used

I LOVE how it turned out.  I made mine so that it would wrap around my wrist twice, but you could try making it shorter so it only goes around once, or you could make it really long so it goes around 3 times.

I'm quite excited to try out some more of these.  I'll have to post them on Pinterest when I do!

And now for a corny joke.....

That's a WRAP,
~Becca :)

2 comments:

  1. You and your ideas are so brilliant I've decided you need a larger audience and some more followers. I'm on a mission girl!

    ReplyDelete